Tuesday 22 December 2009

Grades

I have added a new "Grade Conversion Table" to the site, this can be reached via the Main Menu tabs at the top of the site.

Regarding grades: I will continue to use the split grading system (e.g. 7a/V6) as no one in the UK seems able to make up their minds about which system should be universally used - regular/stronger boulderers prefer the Font system, and lower end users seem to prefer V's. Pah! To be honest, I'm quite happy with this compromise, it's reasonably neat and caters for everyone. However, I have sanctioned a personal rule NO split, split grades (e.g. 6c+/7a/V5/V6) this looks terribly messy - are you listening Mr. Panton? You simply have to make a decision, and if in doubt I'll just plump for the lower grade. Any feedback is welcome of course....

No comments: